- Block template construction should just grab from the mempool anything with sufficient fee given the two conditions:
- Doesn’t violate sigop limit
- Has all its parents in the block
- Drastically simplifies block construction code, and allows bulk updates to a template more easily as transactions come into the mempool.
- Also totally removes the need to do iterative fee tracking code in the mempool which:
- Speeds up mempool admission
- Doesn’t require resorting topologically when removing for a new block.
- Based on the complexity of the algorithms involved it would be prudent to remove this, and instead just depend on the minimum relay fee alone.
- Test cases:
- Ensure CPFP works in the mempool for chain-length 1.