Implement the new path 1899 for SLPA-aware BCHA wallets
alcipir majcosta deadalnix
- Group Reviewers
- rABCb0c3da0fbb80: Refactor from path 145/245 to path 1899 with migration support
Do not test this diff with high value wallets
- Run cashtab locally on the existing master.
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:Bitcoin-ABC/bitcoin-abc.git cd bitcoin-abc/web/cashtab npm i --legacy-peer-deps npm start
- If you have real money wallets at the localhost:3000/ instance of Cashtab,
back them up and delete them.
- Create 2-5 new wallets
- Send some BCHA and SLPA to these wallets
- Stop this instance of Cashtab
- Now, run Cashtab from this diff
arc patch D---- cd web/cashtab/ npm start
- Observe that BCHA and SLPA balances from legacy wallets exist and are displayed
- Observe that BCHA/SLPA receiving addresses are now different
- Send some test BCHA and SLPA transactions
- Observe that change goes to the new Path1899 addresses
It doesn't looks like there is a test for the migration, why?
|310 ↗||(On Diff #26585)|
commented out logs pretty poor style. If these logs are generally useful, then they should stay, if they aren't then the comment should go. If they are useful in specific situations, then they need to be gated properly. This is just bad.
|323 ↗||(On Diff #26585)|
|355 ↗||(On Diff #26585)|
|288 ↗||(On Diff #26585)|
|302 ↗||(On Diff #26585)|
It doesn't seems to me like ignoring the error, beside logging, is the right thing to do here.