As per title.
Note that this will make it difficult to run bitcoin-abc on OpenBSD with
the current documentation, due to the old gcc version which does not
- Group Reviewers
- rABCa48b9f299778: Make c++14 standard the default for compilation
As per title.
Run gitian builds
I rechecked the documentation, here is the status.
There is documentation for:
- Linux, will build with c++14 on most distributions. Gitian builds done with success.
- Windows, builds with c++ on WSL. Gitian builds done with success.
- OSX, builds with c++14. Gitian builds done with success. I did not run the software because I have no OSX machine at hand.
- OpenBSD, I couldn't manage to make it build with c++14. Support gets dropped in D2461, i.e. build instructions and references are removed from the documentation.
- FreeBSD, builds with c++14 (with no GUI, and after applying this patch). The build instructions are located at the end of the build-unix.md file. They need some update, and be moved to their own documentation file (will do in another diff). The build has been tested with the current latest FreeBSD 12.0.
- Cross build for ARM has been tested through Gitian builds. I did no other testing, especially I did not run the binary.
I don't think there is another platform mentioned in the doc, if you think that I'm missing one please let me know.
So far the only support that needs to get dropped to enable c++14 is OpenBSD.
|15 ↗||(On Diff #7897)|
This needs rebasing on 0.19.3 release notes.
Also, a recommended rewording for those running binaries since they may be confused by this:
- Code standard updated to C++14. If building from source, please make sure you have a compatible compiler installed.
|7 ↗||(On Diff #7917)|
Remove If building from source, please make sure you have a compatible compiler installer.
If you think this is important to precise it, then add it to the build instructions.
Also include instructions for windows build. If the build is done
with WSL as per the instructions there will be no issue, but when
building from another linux the compiler version may vary.